Why Should I Apply? - The Big Questions - Artizan Summer Open 2018
We're going to keep this simple and give you 50 reasons why you need to be a part of the Artizan Summer Open 2018! So, in now particular order, lets go!
1. This is the only Open Exhibition taking place on the Torquay High Street this Summer!
2. It's at the height of the Summer Season, that means peak tourist time and huge audience reach!
3. Applications are quick and easy, simply fill in the forms here.
4. Or if you prefer, we've made the application available through CuratorSpace.
5. We're partnered with expert PR agency Creative Coverage to help promote the exhibition nationally.
6. The Artizan Summer Open has now been running for 4 years and has an outstanding reputation for celebrating visual arts in Devon.
7. There's specific categories to promote local Torbay and South Devon artists...
8. But we'll also be inviting national and international submissions to celebrate Torbay as a great place for outstanding visual arts.
9. There are reduced fees for young artists up to the age of 21...
10. And we're partnering with schools and colleges to make sure the exhibition supports emerging youth talent.
11. We're committed to putting on a family friendly exhibition, exciting for kids, and interesting for parents.
12. We'll be organising an exciting programme of events to support the exhibition and appeal to a wide range of audiences.
13. Our exhibition partners, Torbay Guild of Artists, have a wealth of experience amongst their membership to help support the success of the exhibition.
14. You can submit large works to the exhibition!
15. We'll be kicking the whole thing off with a VIP drinks reception for artists and their guests.
16. As soon as we receive your submission and payment, your pieces go live on the online gallery, regardless of final selection, meaning guaranteed exposure.
17. Once your piece is live, it can be voted for as an "Audience Favourite" guaranteeing its selection!
18. The exhibitions main objective is to be accessible to all; that's all artists and all visitors, even dogs!
19. As with all our exhibitions we're not charging exorbitant rates of commission.
20. You'll also be part of Torbay's biggest 2018 exhibition.
21. If you need any assistance, submission help is available every day at Artizan Gallery, just book an appointment!
22. All applicants get the offer of a reduced Arthub membership with online profile and e-commerce package; check out our featured artist to see how awesome that is!
23. There's a dedicated exhibition page with details of every work, blog updates from the team and contributing artists, and regularly updated image galleries so, the whole exhibition can be explored online around the world...
24. And there'll even be a VR walkthrough archive of the exhibition! Checkout our past 360 scans here!
25. The exhibition will be open 7 days a week to make the most of our time here.
26. By taking part you help us to grow our external exhibition offers, meaning more sustainable exhibition opportunities in prime retail locations and other premises across the Bay.
27. This is another example of how we support our local visual arts community...
28. Artizan has a reliable reputation for professional, high quality exhibitions...
29. And our local artists are at the heart of what we do as we continue to develop our offer and services to better promote and support our community.
30. Which makes this exhibition great for first time artists...
31. But it's also what makes it an incredible opportunity for professional full-time artists too!
32. Did we mention we'll be there for a whopping 4 weeks!
33. We'll also be producing a commemorative brochure of all the works.
34. And we say "open" we mean completely open? Any theme, any medium!
35. And that includes 3D work!
36. Plus the opportunity to display browser pieces and cards.
37. And with an allowance of up to 6 pieces per submission!
38. With entrance fees starting from as little as £10!
39. And in the large venue we'll be displaying in excess of 100 works!
40. By taking part, you'll be playing a role in Torbay's Cultural Regeneration as we put visual arts at the heart of the town this Summer!
41. Oh, and then there's the fact we've got the support of our wonderful sponsors, Edinburgh House Estates!
42. We're committed to delivering exceptional standards...
43. Providing a clean white box space...
44. Which includes the same professional hanging system we use in our main venue...
45. And a weeks maintenance before we launch to get things just right; this isn't just a rushed pop-up!
46. The exhibition is being run on a sustainable model, with profits going into future exhibition projects.
47. And by bringing it to an empty retail space, you'll be helping us do our bit to help revitalise the Torquay High Street for our Summer guests.
48. But most importantly this is a great way to meet other South West Artists...
49. And Celebrate Visual Arts in Torbay!
For more information on our Summer Open Exhibition, head here! Who knows, maybe you'll come up with some more reasons of your own!